Oil spill at Sydney restaurant ‘unprecedented’ in Australia

A major oil spill at a Sydney restaurant has caused a fire in the kitchen, while another has been shut down after a blaze broke out at a nearby restaurant.

The fire at one of the restaurant’s two kitchens in Northbridge has since been extinguished.

The restaurant’s management said the fire was “unprecedentary”.

The fire broke out in a kitchen at a restaurant in North Bridge, about 300 kilometres (186 miles) north of Sydney.

The blaze started about 11:00am local time (06:00 GMT) in the Kitchen and Bar at White Cooking, according to the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper.

The Herald said two firefighters were in the restaurant at the time of the fire.

One of the two firefighters, who was wearing a mask, had to be taken to hospital.

The newspaper reported that the kitchen was fully engulfed in flames and the kitchen and bar were completely gutted.

No-one was hurt.

The hotel is in the process of relocating the restaurant, which has been in operation since June 2018.

It has been a regularstay for the restaurant owners for more than 25 years.

The Northbridge fire has forced the closure of the nearby restaurant for several days, with customers left stranded in a maze of streets and parking lots.

The building is owned by the Northbridge City Council.