In October, the UK Food Standards Agency launched an investigation into a Thai restaurant that it said was a source of “food terrorism” in India.
The UK government has since banned the restaurant and said it had launched an immediate review of its operations.
On its website, the Thai restaurant offers a range of food products, including a “pork biryani recipe” for the hungry.
But according to a complaint by a member of the public, the restaurant had been serving a “sickeningly” toxic stew made from the liver of a cow that was “poisonous to both humans and animals.”
The restaurant was closed down on October 18, and has since been declared a food safety failure.
A spokesperson for the UK government said that the complaint “has been referred to the relevant authorities.”
The owner of the restaurant, Thaksin Myattam, was arrested by police in October.
He was accused of running a food and drink supply chain that was in violation of the food safety legislation.
Thai authorities have also arrested his nephew, who was also charged with running the restaurant.
The investigation into the restaurant began in late October, when the UK food safety regulator issued a public alert about the restaurant in Rangpur, a village in northern India.
In the notice, the regulator said that Thaksins uncle was selling “poisons and dangerous food products” that were “fuelled by poisonous foodstuffs.”
The public alert also said that there were “several cases of food poisoning” at the restaurant at the time of the notice.
According to a local newspaper report, Thakins nephew was arrested on October 24, and is awaiting trial.
The local police said that they were conducting an investigation, but declined to give further details.
The Thai authorities are investigating the incident as a food terrorism attack.
The Bangkok Post reported that the owner of a popular noodle shop in Bangkok has also been arrested for running the same restaurant.
An official with the Thai National Police told the newspaper that he was the owner and head chef of the Bangkok Restaurant, and that he had been arrested on Oct. 23.
A restaurant employee told the Bangkok Post that the employee had been fired because of the allegations of the alleged poisoning.
The restaurant is located at the entrance to a park on the outskirts of the city, and serves “local and foreign customers,” according to the Bangkok Gazette.
The Gazette reported that it was the “largest restaurant in the world” with customers from around the world, and had opened in September.
The newspaper said that one of its owners, who said he had worked there for 30 years, had been “suspected of supplying food products that are toxic to humans.”
The newspaper also reported that a former employee had claimed that a dish called the “Sickly Pork Biryani” was sold by the restaurant for “30,000 baht ($30).”
We are investigating whether this restaurant is responsible for the recent food poisoning that took place on Oct 23,” a Thai police official told the paper.
The official also claimed that the “sauces were not fresh, nor were the ingredients fresh.”
According to The Guardian, the owner has been in jail since October.
The Post reported on a Thai court decision in October, which found that the owners “will be held liable for the health and safety of the people of the country.”
According the ruling, “the court has concluded that the restaurants’ owners should be held responsible for their actions, and the actions of the staff, which caused the problems.”
According a spokesperson for Thailand’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism, “Thai authorities have issued a warning against the Thai Food Restaurant in Rongpur, but we are unable to provide further information on the investigation.””
Thailand has taken action to implement food safety measures, including closing the restaurants that sold contaminated food products and suspending operations of the restaurants,” the spokesperson added.
According a spokesperson for Thailand’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism, “Thai authorities have issued a warning against the Thai Food Restaurant in Rongpur, but we are unable to provide further information on the investigation.”